How to Physically, Emotionally & Financially Recover from a California Car AccidentJuly 26, 2022
At Nunes Law, our Fresno car accident attorney knows firsthand that when our California clients are injured in a collision, their lives change in an instant. Whether they have suffered broken bones that will heal with ongoing medical treatment or a traumatic brain injury that requires life-long care, their physical, emotional, and financial well-being is at stake at the moment of impact.
Our Fresno car accident lawyers have a few tips for all accident injury victims to take their roads to recovery seriously, so they can get their lives back on track.
Physically Healing After a California Auto Accident with Injuries
All accident and injury victims should seek medical care immediately after a crash to ensure all injuries are diagnosed right away. This will allow the physicians to document each injury and put a treatment plan in place.
While the severity of the injuries and your health before the crash will dictate the recovery timeline, there are simple things you can do to help minimize any setbacks while you heal.
- Follow your doctor’s recommendations and attend all follow-up appointments.
- Use ice or heat as directed to reduce inflammation, when required, and take any medication as prescribed.
- Rest as much as possible to avoid overexertion that will prolong your recovery or worse, injure you further. This could mean taking time away from work and limiting all physical activity you would normally participate in, like cutting the grass, taking out the trash, or lifting heavy objects.
- Drink plenty of water to promote healing, reduce inflammation, and replace damaged cells with healthy new ones.
- Eat recovery foods to provide the extra nutrition the body needs to repair itself. Fruits and vegetables are great for reducing inflammation, while proteins like chicken and fish will help to rebuild muscle mass.
Continue to communicate with your doctor or team of physicians as the healing process continues, and ask if there are any physical therapy, exercise, or massage techniques that will help promote healing. Do not begin exercising or stretching without a medical professional’s permission.
Emotionally Healing After a California Auto Accident with Injuries
The emotional trauma car accident and injury victims sustain during the crash and while undergoing medical treatment is all too real.
Anxiety, stress, and depression can all result from the overwhelming circumstances that led to your injuries, the mounting medical bills, the inability to work, and the lack of income you are contributing to your home. In fact, emotional injuries are incredibly common after a car accident.
To promote a complete emotional recovery after your car accident, you can:
- Talk with friends, relatives, or a support group about your challenges.
- Get help from a professional counselor.
- Follow your doctor’s advice on using substances like drugs and alcohol.
- Maintain a healthy diet.
- Speak with your doctor about possible medications.
- Slowly return to your daily activities and routines when approved by your physician.
Be patient and give yourself time. Your emotional well-being is just as important as your physical health, as the two are inextricably linked. Follow all your physician’s directions — whether it is a surgeon or psychologist — so you can get your mind and body back on track.
Financial Recovery After a California Auto Accident with Injuries
If you have been injured in a California car accident, there is no doubt you may be having trouble making ends meet. Your injuries may impact your ability to perform regular tasks, disrupt your ability to work, and jeopardize your overall quality of life.
Our skilled car accident lawyer at Nunes Law will fight to help you pursue the necessary compensation for your injuries, including medical bills, lost time at work, and additional expenses that have taken a toll on your financial well-being.
Contact our experienced personal injury attorneys in Fresno at Nunes Law today by calling 559-436-0850 or contact us online to schedule a free consultation to discuss your legal rights and options to hold the liable party accountable for your complete financial recovery.