Traumatic Brain Injury Attorneys in Fresno, California
At Law Offices of Frank M. Nunes, Inc., our brain injury attorneys in Fresno, California have great compassion for Traumatic Brain Injury victims and their journey to resume the quality of life they enjoyed before they were hurt by another’s negligence.
Our experienced Traumatic Brain Injury Lawyers in Fresno County, Kings County, Kern County, Madera County, Merced County, and Tulare County provides our clients with a clear outline of how their accident affects their livelihoods – now and in the future – so they can pursue the best financial outcome available for their unique injury needs.
Each of our attorney-client partnerships begins with a free consultation, so whether have suffered an injury or are caring for someone who has, you can get the answers you need today at no cost.
What is the Difference Between a Traumatic Brain Injury and a Head Injury?
An injury to the scalp, skull, brain, and underlying tissue and blood vessels can be referred to as a head injury.
Depending on the extent of the head trauma, head injuries may include a brain injury, or a Traumatic Brain Injury, also called TBI.
Traumatic brain injuries are described by the Centers for Disease Control as a disruption in the normal function of the brain, which can be caused jolt to the head, which can be suffered in varying capacities.
- Closed head injuries, where the brain is impacted from outside the skull, can lead to bruising, bleeding, fluid accumulation, tissue damage, and intracranial pressure
- Penetrating head injuries, where a foreign object fractures and penetrates the skull
- Anoxic brain injuries, where the lack of oxygen to the brain causes brain cells to expire
- Toxic brain injuries, where certain toxic chemicals damage or kill brain cells during exposure
Traumatic brain injuries can disrupt your quality of life from the moment the accident occurs, requiring extensive medical care, long-term treatment, therapy, and rehabilitation — none of which should come out of your pocket when your injury was caused by another’s negligence.
What are the Most Common Causes of Traumatic Brain Injuries in Fresno, California?
Nearly three million people visit emergency rooms each year for TBI-related injuries throughout the U.S., which are responsible for nearly 57,000 deaths over the same period.
The most common causes of Traumatic Brain Injuries include:
- Falls that account for almost half of all Traumatic Brain Injuries, which can occur during Premises Liability accidents
- Motor vehicle accidents, including Motorcycle Crashes, Car Accidents, Truck Collisions, or Pedestrian and Bicycle Accidents, account for 20% of all Traumatic Brain Injuries
- Struck by or against an object, which may also occur during traffic collisions, falls, or from using Dangerous and Defective Products, accounting for 17% of all Traumatic Brain Injuries
- Assaults account for 11% of Traumatic Brain Injuries
If you or someone you love has suffered a Traumatic Brain Injury caused by another person, party, or entity’s negligence, contact our experienced Fresno personal injury lawyers today to discuss your case and learn more about your rights to pursue the at-fault party for your complete financial compensation needs.
What are the Most Common Signs of a Traumatic Brain Injury?
Traumatic Brain Injuries affect each person differently but are reported to cause temporary dysfunction in the brain which can cause complications in one or more of the following wellness capacities.
- Behavioral difficulties that cause lack of self-control, risky behavior, verbal or physical outbursts, trouble in social situations and a lack of awareness or abilities
- Cognitive trouble that causes a lack of attention or concentration, memory problems, difficulty reasoning, altered judgment and problem-solving abilities
- Communication trouble, including difficulties organizing thoughts and ideas, speaking, or writing
- Emotional complications, including anger, anxiety, mood swings, changes in self-esteem and depression
- Physical injuries, including the loss of smell, facial sensations, vision impairment, trouble swallowing, nerve damage, and seizures
If you have been in an accident caused by negligence, it is important to seek medical care right away. Recognizing the signs and symptoms of brain injuries can help you or your loved one get the medical care you need immediately after a collision occurs, so your chances of suffering permanent damage may be mitigated.
What are the Most Common Signs of Traumatic Brain Injuries?
Some symptoms of Traumatic Brain Injuries may take days or weeks to appear, which is why it is important to get medical care immediately after an accident occurs, so you may be diagnosed with a TBI and begin treatment right away.
Some of the most common signs of traumatic brain injuries may include:
- Dilated eye pupils
- Ringing in the ears
- Slurred speech
- Inability to awaken from sleep
- Neck pain
- Weakness or numbness in the arms and legs
It is not uncommon for people who suffer from a Traumatic Brain Injury to live with a TBI-related disability going forward, as some of these injuries may be permanent and require expensive long-term care.
That may include:
- Emergency, ongoing, and future medical costs
- Rehabilitation and therapy expenses
- Prescription and medical device costs
- Lost wages and diminished working capacity
- Temporary and permanent disability
If you have suffered a Traumatic Brain Injury, or are caring for someone who has, contact our experienced brain injury lawyers in Fresno, CA today to learn how we can accurately calculate your current and future expenses, so you can get the care you need now and going forward.
What Happens When a Traumatic Brain Injury Becomes Wrongful Death?
Unfortunately, catastrophic accidents may cause Traumatic Brain Injuries so severe that the person who was hurt could not recover.
Losing a family member to their injuries after an accident does not always happen immediately, and if he or she was hurt and lost their life to the injuries sustained in the collision with a negligent party, you may be eligible to file a wrongful death claim to pursue financial recovery for the medical bills incurred before their loss, funeral and burial expenses, and the loss of income and consortium they would have contributed to your household.
Contact Our Traumatic Brain Injury Lawyers in Fresno, California to Schedule a Free Consultation
If you or a loved one has suffered a Traumatic Brain Injury in an accident caused by another’s negligence or have tragically lost a loved one to their injury circumstances, contact our experienced brain injury attorneys in Fresno, CA today by calling 559-436-0850 or contact us online to schedule a free consultation.