Let Us Take The Wheel
and steer you towards
a swift recovery.

Can I Fire My Insurance Company While My Claim is Pending?

Latest News

If you have a pending claim with your current insurance company for an auto accident, you may be wondering if it is possible to change to another insurance company.  Perhaps you found a company with better rates, or perhaps you are unsatisfied with the service from your current insurance company.

In California, you can change to another insurance company while you have a claim pending, but it is dependent upon when you made your claim and what insurance company you had at the time when the claim occurred.  That may not necessarily be the company insuring you when you decided to file the suit.

You could be under the first policy’s coverage, be involved in a motor vehicle accident, and then recognize a better option with a second insurance company and switch to their policy going forward.  We have recent client examples that have switched to a new insurance company while the old company continued to handle their case for the collision, and they saved money with the new company’s better rates.  So yes, you can change to a new insurance company while you have a pending claim with the old company.  Watch the video to learn more.

If you have additional questions about your auto accident case or related insurance claims, I want you to call me at (559) 702-5124.  I welcome your call.  Visit our educational website at www.NunesLaw.com for more videos and media content from our law firm.

Related Articles