What To Expect at a Case Management Conference, Also Known as a CMCMarch 10, 2022
After filing a lawsuit in California, you may have received notice of a case management conference or “CMC” that has been scheduled. It is likely you have never heard of a CMC, but you should know what to expect when you appear at the conference, as well as what steps you need to take beforehand.
Case management conferences involve the judge bringing in both parties to meet and determine the status of the case. Questions likely to be addressed include whether everyone named in the lawsuit has been served or has appeared in the case, whether there are issues with the jurisdiction or venue, and how long it is expected to take in trial days to resolve the case.
There is a judicial council from CMC-110, called the Case Management Conference Statement, which California has created for you to prepare responses to these basic questions. Most courts in California require these forms to be filled out at a certain time in advance of the hearing on the CMC. The form is straightforward, and you can download it from the internet. You will answer the questions, sign it, and provide copies of the form to all involved parties in addition to filing a copy with the court. Watch the video to learn more.
If you have additional questions about case management conferences or the CMC-110 form, I want you to call me at 559-234-0971. I welcome your call. Visit our educational website at www.NunesLaw.com for more videos and media content from our law firm.
- If I Don’t Have to Seek Medical, Do I Still Have Car Accident Case?
- Once I Hire a Lawyer for My Case, Should I Talk to My Insurance Company?
- Why You Shouldn’t Delete Social Media Posts in a Personal Injury Case
- What is a 998 Offer in a Personal Injury Case?
- Can I be Deposed a Second Time in a Single Case?
- What a lawyer Look For When Deciding To Take Your Case
- How Long Will it Take For My Case to Finish?
- What is my case worth?