Fresno Burn Injury Lawyer Helping Victims Recover Financially
Burn victims suffer more than almost any other accident victims because of the constant pain and anguish involved in recovering from these injuries. Burns can occur in many accidents, making a burn injury case more complicated than other claims.
For these reasons, having a knowledgeable burn injury attorney on your side is essential when attempting to seek justice and recover compensation for severe burns. While the insurance company will probably ignore many of the costs of burn injuries, your attorney will fight for your rights as a victim. For example, insurers usually don’t cover non-economic damages, such as mental anguish, pain, and emotional distress, but these may all be paid for in a burn injury claim.
If you or a loved one suffers from outrageous medical bills following a burn injury caused by someone else’s negligence, contact our law firm today. We will listen compassionately to your story and help you decide whether bringing a lawsuit is right for you. Call now to schedule a free consultation at (559) 702-5124.
What Types of Accidents Commonly Cause Burn Injuries?
Burn injuries occur for many different reasons, making these lawsuits highly complicated. However, with a skilled personal injury lawyer, you have a great chance of recovering the maximum compensation possible.
Some accidents that often result in burn injuries include:
- Contact with a hot liquid, such as coffee, soup, or hot water
- Burns from hot objects, such as overheated electronics
- A car accident where the vehicle catches fire
- Semi-truck accidents when flammable liquid or harsh chemicals are spilled
- Thermal burn resulting from contact with fire
- Road rash, such as when a motorcycle or bicycle rider is dragged along the rough pavement in an accident
- Electrical burns, including electrocution
- Burns from a defective product that overheats unexpectedly
- House or workplace fires
- Chemical burn from exposure to a corrosive substance, such as in a workplace accident or crash with a semi carrying hazardous material
- Cold burns when a victim is exposed to extreme cold, also known as frostbite
- Radiation burns
- Inhalation injuries
- Friction burns
How Much Is My Burn Claim Worth?
If you are a burn injury victim, you may experience extreme pain, nerve damage, and painful skin grafting surgery as you recover from your serious burn injuries. However, physical rehabilitation is not the only challenge when recovering from burn injuries. You may also face a heavy financial burden as you pay for medical treatment that the insurance claim may not cover.
A personal injury lawyer can help you recover damages, including:
- Medical bills
- Lost wages
- Hospital charges
- Physical therapy
- Surgical procedures
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional distress
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Lost income-earning ability
- Wrongful death
- Punitive damages
Whether you are suffering from a first-degree burn or if you have received a more serious third-degree burn, we can help. Call immediately for a free case evaluation to see if opening a burn injury claim is right for you.
What Does a Burn Injury Lawyer Do?
Burn injury attorneys assist victims in getting back on their feet following a devastating accident, such as a burn injury. If the burn victim suffers because of another person’s negligence or wrongdoing, they can often recover full compensation under California law. This helps cover the many medical treatments involved in recovering, especially in catastrophic cases, such as when the victim has a fourth-degree burn.
Some of the duties of a burn injury lawyer include the following:
- Investigating the details of the accident
- Consulting police reports, surveillance cameras, and eyewitnesses
- Providing evidence to show the victim was not at fault
- Calculating expenses paid by the victim
- Reviewing medical documents
- Drafting pleas
- Offering legal counsel to clients
- Representing clients during the lawsuit
- Negotiating a fair settlement with insurance companies
- Obtaining maximum compensation on behalf of clients
If you are a burn victim, you can hold the at-fault party responsible. You can recover more damages in a lawsuit than an insurance company typically offers. This may help your family recover financially and avoid going into debt and losing your home. You can also prevent others from being harmed in future accidents by holding the negligent party liable.
Should You Hire Our Burn Injury Attorney?
Whether you are a burn victim or your loved one suffers from burn injuries, we can help. We have spent nearly two decades fighting aggressively for clients, including parents and other family members who want justice when their loved one is harmed.
We know what it takes to get the results you need from your burn injury lawsuit. We promise to offer excellent legal counsel and representation as you proceed to collect the compensation you are due for your injuries. We will use our negotiating power to get the most from your insurance claim and represent you in court if necessary to ensure your needs are met.
Don’t go through this troubling situation alone. Please rely on our experience, skill, and honesty to help you make a full financial recovery following your burn injuries. Call our law firm today at (559) 702-5124 to schedule a free consultation and discuss your case with our caring, knowledgeable legal team.